In order to properly preserve and make accessible the materials in an archiving collection, the materials must be properly stored and processed by professionals. This takes time and costs money. If you have materials that you would like to donate to the Liberian Collections Project, you can help by pre-processing them.
- putting sheets in acid-free folders
- photocopying deteriorating documents onto acid-free paper
- storing photographs and slides in approved holders and mounts
- ship contents in acid-free boxes
- Also, although it takes a professional archivist to do the final processing to make these materials available to the public for research, you can help by:
- providing comprehensive inventory lists.
The Liberian Collections Project would be happy to advise you as to the appropriate materials and methods needed to ship your materials to us at Indiana University.