LCP Access Policies
Collections are available by appointment only
- Books, briefcases, packages, coats, and hats must be deposited near the entrance of the Archives of Traditional Music Listening Library.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Archives. Smoking and gum chewing are not permitted.
- Please use only pencils for taking notes. The use of any kind of pen is prohibited in the Archives.
Handling the Collection
- Please make sure that your hands are clean.
- Cotton gloves must be worn when handling photographs.
- Do not lean on documents or folders.
- Never write on, or on top of, books or documents.
- All items must remain on the table and should not be held in the air, left to hang over the edge of the table, or handled longer than necessary.
- Keep bound materials in the supports provided.
- Do not use paper clips, rubber bands, or any three-dimensional object for place markers. Paper placemarkers are available at the reference desk.
- Folders should be examined one at a time and should be returned in their proper order.
- Items in folders should be examined one at a time and should be kept in the order in which they are found.
- If the item you are using seems too fragile to handle, please ask Archives staff for assistance.
- If you wish to request a photocopy, fill out a request form. These forms are available upon request from Archives staff. Please be aware that some items in the collection may be too fragile to be copied or may be under other restrictions that prohibit reproduction. The Archives reserves the right to refuse photocopying requests.
- Photocopies are 10 cents a page; larger requests may be subject to an extra fee at the discretion of the Liberian Collections Project Coordinator.
Permission to Publish
- Permission to publish any materials from the collection must be made in writing to the Indiana University Archives of Traditional Music Liberian Collections Project, Dept. of Folklore & Ethnomusicology, 504 North Fess, Bloomington, IN 47408-3890.
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain permission for publication from anyone who holds the copyright to any materials in the collection.
- For citations in published or unpublished sources, this repository should be cited as Indiana University Archives of Traditional Music Liberian Collections, Bloomington, Indiana.